Monday, May 13, 2013

The Diet to End All Diets

I use to diet and diet . At one point in my life I was 105lbs and 5 feet 9 inches. I was so proud of myself, but continued to be so obsessed that I missed out on other things in my life. I couldn’t let go of the thinness and unhealthiness. It really all started when I was being abused by my neighbor who I was madly in love with. It was after my father had died and he was an easy segway to gain the attention and love I wanted and needed.  He was 7 years older than me. I was 13 he was 20. Our relationship was tumultuous to say the least and manipulative. One day we went to the movies and I wore this pretty little sundress with purple flowers. Before the movie started he touch my arm and commented on how chunky it was. That was it . Truthfully that is all it took.  However, when you are young and impressionable and striving for love beyond any means this is all it does take. I entered a new realm. I remember I limited myself to 600 calories a day. Six hundred calories is like one McDonald’s Big Mac. I loss weight and my battle with myself began.  Now 33 years later it ccontinuesIt has changed many forms but the core of that initial diet remains the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment